• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp 1805 Drapped Bust quarter F-15*

18 posts in this topic

This was in an old 20 holder and was recently submitted. It came back as a 15 star. I realize this coin isn't for everybody, but it spoke to me. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. That's my litmus test. Does anybody know what the lowest graded star coin is? MJ

1260671052.jpg

Very nice looking album toned coin. It definitelty should have graded VF20.

Agreed. Definitely has a lot of personality. I wish it was mine.

Why does a toned circulate coin have to be cleaned? There isnt any evidence of it from the images. I would agree it's not as dark as most 100% original coins would be, and it may have been lightened at some point, but that doesn't mean the coin has sustained cleaning damage.

I always assume 200 year old coins have been cleaned. The ones that weren't are probably few and far between. I some cases I honestly can not tell with certainty which have and have not as I'm not an expert.

In this case, rightly or wrongly I assumed the coin had been cleaned awhile ago and put in an album where it developed it's present look. I'm quite ok if this is what happened. In this case I went with the look and it spoke to me. It actually said, " Sparky, you know you want me. I'm pretty and I'm a star. Take me home now, bit&h!" Even though my name is not Sparky, I paid the man (too much) and took my buxom beauty home.

A lot of people have reached out to me to say this is a VF-20 all day long. Could be, it used to be. Maybe , I should try to go the sticker route instead? Anyways, my new busty has been traveling to the NW to go on a photoshoot. She's on her way home hitching a ride in a mail truck with several other of her buddies...........She' not going anywhere for awhile. Home for the holiday's.....................MJ

I always assume 200 year old coins have been cleaned. The ones that weren't are probably few and far between. I some cases I honestly can not tell with certainty which have and have not as I'm not an expert.

In this case, rightly or wrongly I assumed the coin had been cleaned awhile ago and put in an album where it developed it's present look. I'm quite ok if this is what happened. In this case I went with the look and it spoke to me. It actually said, " Sparky, you know you want me. I'm pretty and I'm a star. Take me home now, bit&h!" Even though my name is not Sparky, I paid the man (too much) and took my buxom beauty home.

A lot of people have reached out to me to say this is a VF-20 all day long. Could be, it used to be. Maybe , I should try to go the sticker route instead? Anyways, my new busty has been traveling to the NW to go on a photoshoot. She's on her way home hitching a ride in a mail truck with several other of her buddies...........She' not going anywhere for awhile. Home for the holiday's.....................MJ

Sparky, what company's (VF20) holder was the coin in previously and why was it recently submitted. Thanks.

<>

It was in early NGCcave like holder at one point in her career where it was a 20. It was sent into NGC very recently according to the seller where it came back a star but also a 15. It's not sure if it was cracked or sent in the holder. Someone else swears the coin was in PCGS 20 plastic at one point. Not sure about that claim so I dismiss it as it really doesn't matter. Regardless, the coin is what it is and it's feeling aren't hurt either way.

In a perfect world

my first choice would be VF-20 star

second choice would be VF-15 star

third choice would be VF-20 no star in either PCGS or NGC plastic

No worries about a sticker. But how cool would it be to have a low grade star coin that was also stickered? Then again, I'm not big on the pronged holder and I do hate the way the beanies detract from the coin.......again, no worry

<>

It was in early NGCcave like holder at one point in her career where it was a 20. It was sent into NGC very recently according to the seller where it came back a star but also a 15. It's not sure if it was cracked or sent in the holder. Someone else swears the coin was in PCGS 20 plastic at one point. Not sure about that claim so I dismiss it as it really doesn't matter. Regardless, the coin is what it is and it's feeling aren't hurt either way.

In a perfect world

my first choice would be VF-20 star

second choice would be VF-15 star

third choice would be VF-20 no star in either PCGS or NGC plastic

No worries about a sticker. But how cool would it be to have a low grade star coin that was also stickered? Then again, I'm not big on the pronged holder and I do hate the way the beanies detract from the coin.......again, no worry

Thanks. It almost certainly had to have been cracked out and re-submitted (rather than re-graded in the holder) or the graded wouldn't have dropped. I still really like it. :)