• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off to the races...Who's biddin'?

53 posts in this topic

In theory, wouldn't this coin be illegal and subject to seizure? An interesting story with this coin, and the involvement of Colonel Green only makes it more suspicious.

Wait, wait, wait... It's got a CAC sticker! :roflmao:

I find that absolutely hilarious.

You deffinately can't blame them for picking up on this action lol

This coin is PQ for the grade in my opinion. When I was veiwing the coin at the ANA museum, I for the life of me couldn't figure out why it was only a 64.

This coin is PQ for the grade in my opinion. When I was veiwing the coin at the ANA museum, I for the life of me couldn't figure out why it was only a 64.

What does a CAC sticker add to this coin? Absolutely nothing!

This is interesting as these ultra-rare coins are popping up more and more often these days. Used to be when one of these uber rare trinkets was bought off the auction block, the hobby would not see them for years upon years. Now they are getting flipped just like any other coin. Puzzling.

What does a CAC sticker add to this coin? Absolutely nothing!

I'm not so sure about that. We now know that it has been verified as meeting CAC's strict quality standards, and that means it is PQ for the grade. In case I decide to bid sight-unseen, I wouldn't want to get stuck with one that was only average for the grade lol !

Bill Jones, I know where you are coming from - the 1804 dollar is my least favorite "famous" coin. But I love the mystery and intrigue surrounding the 1913s!

com on there Old P ya know you want it, toss abid in there :baiting:

Maybe....Like a Bugatti Veyron, I could rent it for a few minutes. :o

In a way, if I bid high enough to be the temporary "high bidder" isn't the coin sort of mine for that brief period? Then I could be added to that extensive "ownership registry" :acclaim:

Ah well, wishful thinkin

How does the idea of a $500,000 buyer's premium grab you?!? It's times like this you realize you're in the wrong business!
If the coin meets its reserve, the auction house will almost certainly be paying the consignor well over over 100% of the price realized. So, while the 15% buyer's premium might sound like a large sum, much of it will probably go to the consignor. My guess is that the auction house will make 6% or less, net.

Gee I hope Heritage will raise my bidding limit . :D
Great news - I contacted them on your behalf and put in a good word for you.

They have doubled your limit, so you are now good to go with a bid of 2 (not million, or thousand or hundred, though) :D

You're welcome.