• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for esteemed members of the NGC boards: would you be offended....

17 posts in this topic

Most of you know that I catalog coins for certain companies that are trying to sell you coins. Sometimes, there are some that are so neat that I would love to share them (with client permission, of course). But... I also really don't like spamming the boards, which is why I don't even have a link to my website in my sig-line.

Would anyone be offended if, from time to time, I simply posted an image of a coin on the "U.S. Coin Forum", with minimal additional commentary (grade, etc.) and no links? or would that be construed as "spamming"?

Right now, I am cataloging a ridiculously cool U.S. coin, at least in my opinion. I am just itching to share the doggoned thing with you all!

I'll only post these spam-potential coins if there is no opposition at all. Thanks in advance.

I am definitely all in favor of seeing cool coins. And I also don't have any problem with you having a link in your signature - actually, its far more convenient for me to find your website if you do.

I don't have a problem with anybody putting in a pic of a coin whether it is for sale , for discussion or if your just plain proud of it ,. The more the merrier .

Also please put the link to your site . as other should as well :-)

I am definitely all in favor of seeing cool coins. And I also don't have any problem with you having a link in your signature - actually, its far more convenient for me to find your website if you do.

(thumbs u

Here's my opinion: if you want to share coins that are for sale by a third party, and to which you have a financial tie, you should put a disclaimer in the post and have a note in your signature about your affiliation. With that caveat, I don't see a problem with you sharing the odd, cool coin. Provided you're not going overboard with it, I wouldn't call it spamming.

I don't have a problem with a link to your personal website (even if you sell there) being in your signature.

My only problem here is that you haven't posted more photos.... with or without links... and that you don't have a link to your website in your sig line! So enough already... put a link in your sig line... and post pics a plenty... and even put links to the auctions if you'd like. I wouldn't mind and I don't think anyone else would either.

Unless you are receiving compensation from the particular coin you are posting, I don't consider it spam. Many of us post pictures of and/or links to interesting coins which are featured in upcoming auctions, simply to share them with others and get opinions.

BTW, glad to see that your website is back up. (thumbs u Looking forward to the articles.

Here's my opinion: if you want to share coins that are for sale by a third party, and to which you have a financial tie, you should put a disclaimer in the post and have a note in your signature about your affiliation. With that caveat, I don't see a problem with you sharing the odd, cool coin. Provided you're not going overboard with it, I wouldn't call it spamming.

I don't have a problem with a link to your personal website (even if you sell there) being in your signature.

If a seller has a financial interest in a coin, whether he posts a disclaimer or not, it amounts to spam IF he points us to where the coin is being sold. However, if an image is merely posted with no link or mention of if/where the item is for sale, I would think that would be "spam-less".

No way that you would be out of line. That's what Market Place is for. Please post your pics of interesting coins along with links. Doesn't matter if it's a third party situation---we're all adults and can make informed decisions on how we spend our money.

Also add your web site. The more sources for good coins the merrier.

Unless you are receiving compensation from the particular coin you are posting, I don't consider it spam. Many of us post pictures of and/or links to interesting coins which are featured in upcoming auctions, simply to share them with others and get opinions.

Good point. I should mention that I am compensated for cataloging, but get no level of compensation whatsoever for actual sale of the coin.

OK, I will post an image shortly - thanks!