• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for 1916-S Gold Indian Head $5 PCGS or NGC MS61

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here. I have been collecting gold Indian Head Half Eagles for some time now but because I live in Australia it makes it really difficult for me to add to my collection as coin dealers here typically don't sell this type of coin and not many US-based dealers would want to post coins outside the US. Although there are a lot of sellers on ebay, I have been sticking with PCGS/NGC certified coins as buying raw coins are fraught with danger specially when buying online and sight unseen.

I have been looking for a PCGS or NGC certified MS61 1916-S Gold Indian Head Half Eagle to complete a small registry set (one-per-date). Would anyone know a dealer who has this coin in his inventory who sells to international buyers? How much would I look at paying for an MS61?

Thanks so much.

Regards

enzet

www.markfeldcoins.com

contact mark feld i believe he possibly might be able get this coin for you and if so he would get a nice one for you and he would possibly?? ship it to you but you got to ask him

but first look at his website and contact him as it is his site and he has to locate and send the coin to you so it is up to him.......................if he can do this and it is possible for him but it is up to mark if he ships to australia

i recommend him and he used to work for www.pinnacle-rarities.com katy duncan owner currently

and mark feld also used to work for tood imhof st pinnacle who is now a vice prez. over at www.ha.com

both the current owners of pinnacle and todd at heirtage would give mark great references, besides my reference

okie now to your question on the incuse indian 5 dollar pcgs ms61

not a rare coin but not common either it is sort of scarce in the grade you asked about

mintmark usually comes mushy but the rest of the coin strike wise is usually sharp there was a hoard of this coin in unc uncovered some time ago so this is why it is not rare in unc the lustre on this coin is just okie not great but better than below average

usually the surfaces on this coin in unc with typical lustre is granular

i would say thqat a choice ms61 coin is like a 1400.00+ coin and i would not buy as such as i think most all ms61 in holders will not be unc. same with many ms-62 in holders and then the coin is a 2200.00+ coin in an ms-62 pcgs holder

personally i would buy a killer au58 coin like an au-64 coin but in an au-58 holder with great eye appeal and i bet this coin if looked for could be found with some work and then be prepaided to pay north of 1000 i think for the coin and would be a good value in my opinion----- pcgs only being if it looked better than the typical ms 61 62 coin

my opinion and this is a summary but not so cut and dry as above but a start

talk to mark feld and see what he can do for you IF HE CAN HELP YOU

dont hurt to ask, if mark can and agree's to help you then mark will treat you right

good luck