• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1794 large cent. How would you grade this?

11 posts in this topic

I've been offered $800.00 for it. I Had at one time a complete collection of large cents except for the 1793 chain. Sorry I sold it. This coin I bought for $25.00 about 5 years ago. I have another 74 that I found metal detecting but not in as nice as condition as this. I would grade this at VG-8

I've been offered $800.00 for it.

Is this about the average of one of these in this condition? Mine is also corroded but seems to be a bit less worn. (weak reverse is on par for the variety.)

IMG_0654.jpgIMG_0655.jpg

If you can get $800, DO IT!

I would catalog the coin as G-4 details, EAC 3. It looks like VG details because that obverse is a "shielded hair" variety, which causes the obverse to always look a grade higher than the reverse.

Well the gentlemen came over last night and gave me a check for $800.00. I expected maybe a offer of $400-500 at most but no complaining. :grin: