• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next time you can't get that coin you want...

18 posts in this topic

Since it's a coin thread here's a Mercury...

sh1943md.jpg

So, the next time you can't get that coin you want, just to put things in perspective...

Space1.jpg

space2a.jpg

space3.jpg

space4.jpg

space5.jpg

... and don't forget, in between all of this is pretty much VACUUM...

Man, I didn't know that antares was soo big. I used to use that star to align my telescope. It is always easily seen. From where I am, it always looks like it twinkles in color.

For some reason, I was told the planets and stars revolved in the universe. Now you tell me they are all sitting on table somewhere.

:think:

TRUTH

I don't have a very big telescope but I did buy an adapter for my camera for it and took these a while back. Saturn was hard to focus in.

Moon0129.jpg

nightsky016.jpg

What if it's a really rare key date coin? Does that change the perspective? lol

But seriously, that is absolutely mind boggling. Now I know how truly insignificant I am. Thanks Sy

edited to add: In between my ears is pretty much vacuum :grin:

This picture is the Hubble Ultra Deep Field - every single dot on this picture is a galaxy. Milky way obviously isn't in the picture, but it gives you a relative feel for the size. And this is just a tiny, tiny, little bitty sliver of the universe.

88571.jpg.5fa63122a7cc3ce366ac166eda7e12b6.jpg

The massiveness of the universe never ceases to blow my mind.

And it, the universe, is still expanding at about 10,000 miles per second!! No - I did not have too much of my namesake. :)

Because of the sheer number of possible planets out there, maybe a system of some type of coinage has developed on some of them.

Now I want to collect extraterrestrial coins.

But the shipping charges will be brutal.

Because of the sheer number of possible planets out there, maybe a system of some type of coinage has developed on some of them.

Now I want to collect extraterrestrial coins.

But the shipping charges will be brutal.

:signfunny:

I want to know what is on the otherside of the "edge" of this expanding bubble.Gotta lie down now,gives me a headache.

Nobody knows. There might not be anything. It might be infinite vacuum. Space might actually be curled up around on itself. Some theories say the universe is actually retracting instead of expanding.

The greatest minds have been working on the problem for a hundred years, and basically, nobody's got a clue.

I want to know what is on the otherside of the "edge" of this expanding bubble.Gotta lie down now,gives me a headache.

Nobody knows. There might not be anything. It might be infinite vacuum. Space might actually be curled up around on itself. Some theories say the universe is actually retracting instead of expanding.

The greatest minds have been working on the problem for a hundred years, and basically, nobody's got a clue.

A lot of people say the "big bang" started it all. What if the universe is just one of many big bangs? It could also be like the photos of the sun were our big bang is the sized of earth and there big bang was the size of antares as compaired in size