• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key date Jeffersons

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed how slabbed key date Jeffersons, especially the 1939D, have dried up in MS grades? I haven't seen but a rare few on ebay in recent weeks and they used to be quite available. I'd often see several weekly, but now, none. At FUN I talked to several dealers who told me the 39D's were just not to be found. Of all the booths I spotted but one, in PCGS MS67, and the dealer wanted like $400 and would NOT budge. At least I have one in MS65, but I'd like to have had more. I see big gains in the future. Remember what happened to Washington quarters? 893whatthe.gif

Robert, When I was buying PR Jeffs early last year, THEY seemed to be everywhere on eBay too. Now it is rare to see a high-grade NGC/PCGS slabbed up for bid. An awful lot of raw prs but very few slabbed. Don't know what to attribute these issues to---maybe the calm before the storm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you couldn't get me to sell mine

If you are talking specifically about PR slabbed Jeffs, I agree---DON'T! I put mine in Heritages last Bullet sale. Lost >30% my cost! 893whatthe.gif All were PCGS, most were high end PR68/69/70Cam/DCams spanning the series. I really thought they would do much better considering the new designs coming out and the conjecture of how long they will be around.

Live and learn! confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry to hear about your luck David. frown.gif I've been watching many auctions with only lackluster performance of Jeffs and other nickels. I think with Jeffersons the pedulum is swinging pretty long and wide right now. It'll be several years before the amplitude of the price swings settles down. Too many unknowns about the series in high grade as we speak.

Hoot

Such is life in the numismatic world, Mark. confused-smiley-013.gif Thanks for your condolences,

I stopped crying over these kinds of things 40 years ago. Have you read my sig line? If I believed in fate, I would say that I was meant to sell them no matter what I got back, just so I would have the money for ??????? I'll just patiently wait and see what that might be! smile.gifpopcorn.gif

P.S. Are you going to PM me with an answer to mine to you or did you not get it?