• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.S.A Troop 2000 Coin Collecting Merrit Badge Update

1 post in this topic

A lot of collectors have sent out the blue books I needed to help these boys complete one of the requirements of the merrit badge. I have been working with the boys every 2 hours every sunday for the last 4 weeks.Next week is the test and I am sure they are ready. They needed to know who's on every coin and currency. Last year of silver,Different grading services, Differences in proof and mint state. What the different mint marks were and where to locate them. I even brought 90% of my collection at the different meetings,so the boys can see how diverse my collection is. There eyes lit up as they got to see gold and platinum coins,Franklin halves,wheat pennies,mercury dimes,2 cent pieces,half dimes,Peace and morgan dollars. I even gave each student a circulated silver dime between 1946 and 1964. Hopefully for some,this will begin a new era and they maybe will become a collector in the this registery.

The picture below is only less than half the troop that came to the last meeting.BACK ROW Teresa Velazquez(Assistant Scout Master), Reginald Rice,Correy Estell,Philipe Gilchrist,Zachery Adams, FRONT ROW Jaden Aucoin Khai Green......Next week the whole troop should be there and I will update you with another picture...Thanks for all your help !!!

I kneed to Know if anyone has about 20 circulated wheat pennies they can send me.I want to give them each one. If you send me more I will hand them out in even numbers to all the kids.

Also I am looking for a dealer that can sell me 5 Roosevelts Clad NGC Pf 70 ultra cameos at wholesale .I will pay with paypal. I perfer the same year,Because 5 students are really going beyond the basic requirments,so I want to set them up into this registery, It maybe the push they need to takeoff into this new era of coin collecting.

My address is

Paul Kiraly

805 Avenue E

Westwego,LA 70094

88399.jpg.457a87adb52d9b70ed730c05bd9c6667.jpg