• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSA Morgan Dollar

4 posts in this topic

I made the plunge . I did a lot of work and the bidding is ridiculous on E Bay as well as the Buy it now. Some of there people bid more on the auctions then the Buy it now which is just down the line. I went all over the Internet and spent a lot of time but finally found a 1882 CC GSA MS64 PL NGC. I checked the certification and it was valid and NGC/Numismedia lists it for $420. I paid $279.00 plus $10.00 for shipping so didnt do too bad.

I thought so. You really have to look around. I did a google on GSA dollars and then on the 1882 cc etc. Sometimes a dealer comes up and sometimes it is a history of the GSA dollar. I spent several hours. I was even bidding for an MS64 1882 CC GSA Dollar on Ebay. I had put in a maximum bid at $223.99 and nobody had bid above me and it stayed that way . Then I found the one on the Internet at a dealer by the name of Long Island Rare coins. I checked the certification etc and saw that Numismedia priced it at $420.00. Then I kept hoping that somebody would outbid me on Ebay and finally in the last half hour it happened. I saw 1882 CC GSA NGC at MS63 PL going for between $275.00 and $300.00 on Ebay at the least and more. I cant find any 1883 CC or 1884 CC GSA dollars on Ebay in that range and only one PL that is certified although there are a few non certified GSAs there.