• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.S.E. set price

8 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know what a good price would be for a set of A.S.E. Proof and Unc with all but the 08/07 reverse or the 95w. Including the reverse proof set and the 2000 millenium set. Thanks all.

You never know how long you will be out of work. The Unemployment number given out by the Governmnet is B.S. If you count the Unemployed who are no longer looking for work and people that had to accept part time work when they lost full time work then it is actually 17%. I saw where Californis and a few others are 20%. The Stock Market has gained because Businesses are lean and mean and have increased productivity. We are in a jobless recovery . The two sons of my younger brother graduated from the University of Texas this year. The one with the degree in Chinese and Japanese language has an internship in China. The other one with a degree in Biology has turned in over a hundred resumes and only got an answer back from one and that wasnt for an interview. My son has a Bachelors in Computer Graphics design. He recently got employed again after looking for about four months. He heard about this one from a friend in the field . It was published. He has years of experience and his last job was paying him 47K. This one offered 42K after putting him through some tests. They hired him as a Senior designer. He was upset about the 5K difference but I told him to take it as the 5K was only about $70.00 more a week after taxes and he might not get another offer in the field for months if not longer. He has a live in girlfriend who has a degree in Psychology and teaches disadvantaged children. She just got back to work after being layed off when School ended in June.Its a mean world out there.

I have a full collection of Uncirculated ASE as well as Proof. I also have a complete selection of the Modern $1 Commemoratives. I have a lot of Morgans and started with them again. I only collect coins with Silver. I would sell mosty anyhting before my Dogs or Silver. I just read an article today by a Patrick Heller the editor of Liberys Outlook published by Liberty coin service who has been a dealer in rare coins and precious metals since 1971.He refers to a report in the "Independent" in London regarding meetings involving China, Russia, Japan, France , Saudi Arabia, Kuwait ,Abu Dhabi and Qatar about abandoning the use of the US Dollar for payment of oil contracts. Supposedly this was the start of really increased buying activity in Gold. There has been denial by Saudi Arabia , Japan and Kuwait,however, was cited originally by Chinese Bamkers in Hong Kong. . It was also confirmed by Max Keiser regarding the German central bank gold hoardings stored in the New York Federl reserve vaults and said his contacts in the Middle East and in Russia confirmedthe accuracy of the meeting. Details of the plan are not complete but broadly by 2018 the member nations of the Gulf Cooperation council , China and Russia and France would no longer use the Us dollar for oil contracts for pricing and payment. Instead payment would be made by a new currency whose value would be determined in relaltion to the value of gold,the Euro, the Japanese yen, the Chinese Yuan and the new GCC currency.Heller states that the demand for the uncirculated US Silver Eagle Dollars has been so strong thatmore than 20 million coins have been sold already, an all time annual record with two months left to go and this is why the US Mint announced it will not strike the 2009 Proof Eagle. Heller beleives that once the dollar really starts to drop that Gold will go up $100.00 a day and Silver will increase 5-10% a day at the same time.

I will continue to collect the Morgans as I like them anyway. I am in a little different position as I am retired and have no motgage or debts. This all started in 2007, growing in 2008 and soaring in 2009 when Foreigners have really started worrying about the amount of foreign held dollars and dollar denominated debt.

Thanks for the reply, I also have a few morgans and 30-40 comms.1999-09 rolls of ase,s and misc coins and currency, ms-proof sets and more.I collect the things I like.

Same with me. I also collect the things I like. I quit on the Morgans last year as I got a few "cleaned" ones that looked good. I had been dealing with the guy for a while and had no problems and then he shafted me. It was less than a hundred dollars but still annoyed me. I came to the conclusion that Silver is going to go up in price especailly with all that is happening in the back ground. You have to do what is best for your situation. I would just hold off with the Silver if I could but there is no way of knowing when it will happen .