• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good free online photo editing programs?

17 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a good free photo editing program.

I would just go and buy Photoshop or PSP but I don't need anything fancy, all I need to do is crop circles so I can clean up the backround of my coin images. I don't think I could justify spending much money on a program only to use one feature, I would rather spend that money on coins. lol

Thanks in advance.

Anyone use GIMP 2.0? Works very well for me.It has so much built in I haven't used 3/'4 of the features yet.Looks like it's up to v 2.6. Originally made for Linux,it works just fine on my Win2k box.It should easily work with XP,can't say about Vista.

http://www.gimp.org/

You really don't need to spend $500+ for the full version of Photoshop, you can usually find Photoshop Elements for about $40.

It's well worth the money, as some of the cheaper programs don't resize photos that well in my opinion. They lose their sharpness.

So it was Gimp that allowed you to crop circles?

The reason I am asking is that, like your original post, I'm also looking for a free option to crop circles. And I haven't found that specifically listed under Features on the site.

I use Microsoft Image Composer. No longer available, but I can put it up in zip format for anyone who would like to try it. Just PM me. It's quick and easy to use. I've tried Gimp before, but maybe I'm too used to this program to give anything else a real effort.