• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new holder by NGC for problem coins

12 posts in this topic

I had hoped that this would grade as NT but I had my doubts and they agreed. This is their new holder for problem coins. Mine says UNC Details Atrifical toning.IMG_0993.jpg

They are still using up their inventory of no prongs. I still get some recent submissions not in prong holders and then some come back in them. Not sure why.

Why would you spend the money to slab a 1923 peace dolllar??

I'm guessing he was trying to get them to approve the toning. Naturally Toned peace dollars are very scarce, and garner a significant premium. The catch is, there are many many AT'd ones. NGC's approval would multiply the premium on this many many times.

Why would you spend the money to slab a 1923 peace dolllar??

I'm guessing he was trying to get them to approve the toning. Naturally Toned peace dollars are very scarce, and garner a significant premium. The catch is, there are many many AT'd ones. NGC's approval would multiply the premium on this many many times.

(thumbs u

Why would you spend the money to slab a 1923 peace dolllar?? [/quote

Just like they were saying. If NGC would have given it a certfication of say MS-63 or better with NT, the price would be way over what just a MS-63 untoned Peace would have been. Still a pretty coin which will go in my collection. :)