• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who to contact at NGC for the following...

11 posts in this topic

I'd like to ask permission to NGC to put their standards for grading a specific issue on an informative website. NGC grades this issue as such, PCGS does not and I would like to put their standards at this website for informative purposes.

Who should I contact for this?

Thank you.

Dennis

qeagle88@gmail.com

Call customer service, briefly explain what you're asking of NGC and request that they transfer you to the appropriate party.

I'm not clear, though, are you asking that they post the information on a website or that you be allowed to do so? Also, it seems as if you might be assuming there is a particular standard (which can be published) when there might not be one.

Call customer service, briefly explain what you're asking of NGC and request that they transfer you to the appropriate party.

I'm not clear, though, are you asking that they post the information on a website or that you be allowed to do so? Also, it seems as if you might be assuming there is a particular standard (which can be published) when there might not be one.

I'd like to be allowed to put on a website myself. For this coin, there is in fact a true standard which is also defined as such. It has been printed in at least one other reference.

Dennis

I didn't realize the TPGs had recognition standards for proofs.
As a general rule, they don't. However, for example, for certain issues which are struck from a single set of dies, there can be known characteristics/diagnostics that allow for verification of proof status. That said, I have no idea if that is applicable in this particular case. And in fact, my guess is that it is not.

Its recognition of a Proof striking.

WHOA - that changes the issue considerably! There are many issues for which proofs and business strikes are essentially ambiguous despite written "standards". Three-cent silver coins come to mind immediately, and there are numerous gold issues that fall under question as well. For example, some three-dollar gold coins saw proofs and business strikes struck from the exact same dies - and on the same polished planchets!! Even die-states cannot be relied upon in these instances.

Can you provide more specifics?