• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia question

9 posts in this topic

Folks,

I like trivia questions. I hope to start something here and have some fun. No special rules, but I do ask that the questions generally be entertaining and have something to do with coins or with a famous numismatist or even with one of us.

For example, if anyone truly feels that the size of TDN's shoes is of general interest, then that's a legit question...

I'll start:

In honor of DollarMike, one of my recent acquaintances, how do you easily tell the difference between the two varieties of the 1802 perfect date dollar varieties? This is important, as one is the most common variety while the other is a Rarity-5 specimen. I.e., how does one easily differentiate between BB-241 and BB-242?

(DWL, if you know, feel free to answer! Yes, that was a challenge!) wink.gif

EVP

The right foot of the T in liberty is missing on the more common 241. Another quick identifier is the 2 is close to the bust on the "rare" 242. Of course I didn't know this, I just have the Bowers Silver Dollar encyclopedia in my library. blush.gif

The missing right foot of the T in Liberty is the more common one. By the way EVP I still have a couple of those beauties. One has EVP's name on it when you are ready. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif