• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare almost Proof on Ebay....bid now

30 posts in this topic

Jaime will probably bid on that... you know how he like's his PL half dollars! Interesting toning there though... How do you feel about that toning Mr. Krypto?

By the way, it is a Proof... and is nicely cameo'd.

Jaime will probably bid on that... you know how he like's his PL half dollars! Interesting toning there though... How do you feel about that toning Mr. Krypto?

I amguessing oven or hotplate toned.....for the silver melt I would by it as I kinda like it.....for $24....I think I will pass :sorry:

I amguessing oven or hotplate toned.....for the silver melt I would by it as I kinda like it.....for $24....I think I will pass :sorry:

If you bought it for silver melt, you would be overpaying. That puppy is genuine Cupro-nickel

I think the seller was saying in conjunction with it being "almost proof" that it was "almost silver" :ohnoez:

lollol lol

I never even paid attention to whether it was silver or not....just read the description and I don't collect moderns for the most part so I assumed it could have been some type of silver S mint coin or something hm

Do all of you guys think the seller is trying to rip off potential bidders? If not, I don't understand why you're making fun of him, rather than trying to educate him.

Do all of you guys think the seller is trying to rip off potential bidders? If not, I don't understand why you're making fun of him, rather than trying to educate him.

I sent him a note via ebay letting him know the coin was indeed a proof characterized by the mirror like surfaces. I also told him the coin looked to be artificially toned......never heard back but hey I tried. Sometimes ebay is all the entertainment some of us homebody's ever get.... lol

Its called joking around..
Perhaps that's what it's called. Personally, I think it's putting someone else down, just because they don't know nearly as much as the ones who are "joking around".

Shane, thanks for writing to the seller. That's much more in line with what I would have expected from you. ;) I did the same.

hm I don't buy PL half-dollars!!

Perhaps that's what it's called. Personally, I think it's putting someone else down, just because they don't know nearly as much as the ones who are "joking around".

Shane, thanks for writing to the seller. That's much more in line with what I would have expected from you. ;) I did the same.

Sorry to disagree with you Mark, I usually agree. But with over 7000 sales in the coin business on E-bay, I can bet you this guy knows EXACTLY what he is doing....

MM

Sorry to disagree with you Mark, I usually agree. But with over 7000 sales in the coin business on E-bay, I can bet you this guy knows EXACTLY what he is doing....

MM

Perhaps you're correct, and that's why in my first post to this thread I wrote

Well now, before I posted my jokes about this seller, I scanned a reasonable amount of previously sold coins and this seller should know better than make TWO GIANT mistakes in there auction ad.

Sorry to disagree with you on this one Mark, I have a feeling a inexperienced assistant listed this coin and does not have a clue as to what they were offering. If that were the case, the seller should at least proof read the ads before entering…the joke is going to be on them.

Lighten up man. :foryou:

Well now, before I posted my jokes about this seller, I scanned a reasonable amount of previously sold coins and this seller should know better than make TWO GIANT mistakes in there auction ad.

Sorry to disagree with you on this one Mark, I have a feeling a inexperienced assistant listed this coin and does not have a clue as to what they were offering. If that were the case, the seller should at least proof read the ads before entering…the joke is going to be on them.

No need to be sorry for disagreeing. But I wonder how many of those who made fun of the seller had any clue regarding how experienced or inexperienced he was when they made their comments? ;)

No need to be sorry for disagreeing. But I wonder how many of those who made fun of the seller had any clue regarding how experienced or inexperienced he was when they made their comments? ;)

Mark,

Feel free to take the moral high ground if you want. However, I made fun of this seller because he deserved it. I don't feel bad about it, wont lose a second of sleep over it, and had a really good laugh, until you decided to be a party pooper.

I could care less about his experience or lack there of. If he is going to venture into any business, competence and knowledge are basic requirements and not something the competition or consumer should have to provide.