• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REVERSE AUCTION...Indian Head Cents... 1909-S; 1872.... and more...

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.. I'm taking a different tack on selling off part of my collection and I'm having a reverse auction. I've seen this done once before... here's how it works... I'll lower the price on each coin I offer (there will be more to come) until I hit my "reserve". At this point I'll stop the reverse auction and either keep the coin or take my chances on ebay (gag).

Return Policy: I have a 5 day no questions asked return policy. However, you are responsible for return shipping and insurance. I accept cashiers checks and money orders, personal checks will need to clear prior to shipment.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Up first is a 1909-S. It was cracked from an ANACS holder (label included) "AU50 details, net VF35". The net grade due to corrosion. As the story goes... this piece was picked out of circulation in the 1930's and was stored in an oak roll top desk until just recently. Obviously the tanins in the oak roll top did a number on the surfaces and ANACS net graded it. Greysheet bid in VF is $660...

Reverse Auction price for 10/21/09: $500 delivered

1909SIHC_obv.jpg

1909SIHC_rev.jpg

1909SIHC_ANACSlabel.jpg

1872: Tough date. This one is very close to F12 but has damage to the reverse

Reverse Auction price for 10/21/09: $125 delivered

1872_obv.jpg

1872_rev.jpg

1864-L: Another tough date and a Snow-1 variety (repunched "doubled" date). This one would grade close to XF but has obvious corrosion.

Reverse Auction price for 10/21/09: $80 delivered

1864L_obv.jpg

1864L_rev.jpg

1866: VF30 details, but it's been cleaned.

Reverse Auction price for 10/21/09: $40 delivered

1866_obv.jpg

1866_rev.jpg

Hello everyone.. I'm taking a different tack on selling off part of my collection and I'm having a reverse auction. I've seen this done once before... here's how it works... I'll lower the price on each coin I offer (there will be more to come) until I hit my "reserve". At this point I'll stop the reverse auction and either keep the coin or take my chances on ebay (gag).

Return Policy: I have a 5 day no questions asked return policy. However, you are responsible for return shipping and insurance. I accept cashiers checks and money orders, personal checks will need to clear prior to shipment.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

1909-S On HOLD

1872 ON HOLD

1864-L: Another tough date and a Snow-1 variety (repunched "doubled" date). This one would grade close to XF but has obvious corrosion.

Reverse Auction price for 10/23/09: $65 delivered

1864L_obv.jpg

1864L_rev.jpg

1866 ON HOLD

Got it.. thanks coindude...

BUMP for lowered price in the 1864-L... $60 delivered.

I'm off to a CubScout camping trip so I'll not get back until late tomorrow evening.

... bonne chance...

Leo