• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC or NCS?

2 posts in this topic

How do I determine if I should send a coin to NGC or NCS? If I send them to NCG and one or more need to be conserved, do you send them over to NCS or do you send them back to me for me to resubmit to NCS? I think I read if I send them to NCS (because I was sure they needed to be conserved), NCS will forward them to NGC for encapsulation. Is this correct? The coins in question may have a very small carbon spot or a very minor patch of green (PVC?) substance. I have tried searching to find answers to my questions but have not been successful. Should I submit my coins through a dealer? Thank you for any help you can give.

If the coin does need to be conserved, send the coin in for professional conservation wth NCS. After conservation your coin can be graded with NGC. You would need to establish an account with NCS as you did with NGC. If you are a paid member of the Collectors' Society with the ability to submit your coins to NGC, then you are already set up with an account with NCS. If you are a member with NGC as a paid member of the American Numismatic Association, then you will need to fill out a quick form with NCS to establish an NCS account.

Chris, NCS