• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circulated BARBER HALVE'S

8 posts in this topic

Just a few thought's to open a conversation about VF/XF barber halve's!

First of all, of the 73 coin's in the set I need 14 coin's to complete the set, most of the coin's are in the vf 20-30 range,with a few in the xf range(92-S and 93-S) and a couple fine's.

My thought's are that this segment of the barber halve's (vf-xf) have really appreciated in value,in some instance's 20-30% in the past year!

Also some of the date's for me are getting increasingly difficult to find...not any really rare date's,for instance, in my situation the 1908-P,1906-P,and obviously the '05-P. For instance the '08-P is tough to find in a original vf,if found a few on ebay and yahoo but I lost on both of them. frown.gif

And the '06-P I can't seem to find an uncleaned vf+,and the '05-P just doesn't come uphardly at all.

I've gotten probably a third of my barber's from local show's but the harder date's are few and far between.

All "n" all I believe this serie's (in this grade range) has started to really gain a collector base.

I've also noticed on some of the nicer,original coin's on the auction site's, some of the bidder's have low feedback.

Is that new collector's or "veteran" collector's with 2 or more ebay handle's.

Thought's anyone.

Rob

I think your loudest statement was regarding finding uncleaned, original examples in the VF-XF range. I'm not so sure that any date can be claimed to be common in an uncleaned, attractive, and original state in the Barber series, particularly halves. I feel even in the VG range there are nice examples out there and can make for quite a challenging and proud set to own. Sounds like you have an outstanding set, any pictures to share?

Andy

To answer your question,I have a camera,learning how to use it,but do not yet know how to get them on this page per se.

If you know how to do that PLEASE let me know!!!!

I would love to put up a few pic's.

Rob

If you can upload your pics onto the computer then you can upload them here.

When replying to a thread, check the box that says "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" and go from there.

Leo

The biggest challange in the "Barber" serie(s) is finding original coins in the grades that you described. Most Barbers are either Mint State as they were saved or heavily worn down below the grades you listed. It could be harder to find original VF Barbers than any other grade. After 1904, Silver dollars were not minted again until after Barbers were gone. The work horse was the 50 cent piece.