• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN show Winter 09

20 posts in this topic

I am a collector from the midwest. I am looking at going to the FUN show in January over my winter break from school. I know this might not be the best forum, but I am looking for some advice on this show.

Has anyone been to FUN show?

How is the show?

Any recomendations of things to do around the Orlando area?

I appreciate the help,

Jonathan

IMO the FUN show is the best show year in and year out. Being from the midwest it will give you a chance to escape the bitter cold and snow and you should plan to spend the whole week.

Typically there are at least three major auctions starting the weekend prior to the show opening so there are tons of coins and currency to look at. Allegiant airlines has very reasonable non stop flights out of several midwestern cities and they offer good rental car rates when combined with airfare.

Priceline is a good option for your room just be sure to pick the Universal studios/Seaworld area when you make an offer.

In the "things to do" category there are the obvious theme park attractions but I have never had the desire to try them. When I combine golf and fine dining with auction lot viewing, live auction sessions and walking the bourse floor, there is little time for anything else.

This one is a no brainer................. JUST DO IT!!!! (thumbs u

I live in Orlando and I go to the FUN show every year and I agree with Mark that it's always an amaing show. Orlando is a major city and since it's designed around tourists....there is just a ton of stuff to do outside of all of the theme parks. There is Universal City Walk, dinner shows and fine dining along I drive which is where the show is held......pretty much if you can think it...you can do it in Orlando.

I highly recomend the trip down and there are some good deals to be had as far as airfare and hotels especially if you book in advance.

If you have more specific questions or opinions about the show or surrounding area just send me a PM (thumbs u

I went to college 45 minutes away in Daytona Beach, so I spent plenty of time in Orlando also. The FUN show was always one of the highlights of the year for me, and I am going to do everything I can to make it this year (it looks like I will probably be there Saturday at least).

Winter FUN was the first national show that I attended. And, after the first, I couldn't resist going back every year.

Winter FUN was the first national show that I attended. And, after the first, I couldn't resist going back every year.

There goes the neighborhood....Lou in da House doh!

Where is it being held this year and do the hotels offer shuttels to and from the airport? Is there a website giving us more info?

It is always held in Orlando. Website here: http://www.funtopics.com/

Hey that's not true....I went to Fort lauderdale with Ron Sirna one year when they held it down there lol

Where is it being held this year and do the hotels offer shuttels to and from the airport? Is there a website giving us more info?

It is always held in Orlando. Website here: http://www.funtopics.com/

Hey that's not true....I went to Fort lauderdale with Ron Sirna one year when they held it down there lol

I went that year also. I think that was a one time only thing because the convention hall was undergoing construction. I think the summer show is usually in West Palm Beach, but the winter show is usually in O-Town.

Hmmm. Just looked at the website again and sure enough, 2011 Winter show is scheduled for Tampa. Odd.

Your right of course....it's usually always in Orlando....they are just trying to make you look bad lol

I have never heard one negative comment about the FUN show. It's appears to be very well organized, with plenty to do, and I have always wanted to go.

Now that I know that the 2011 show will be in Tampa, I'm planning on going to my first FUN show. My wife and I have a condo in Sarasota and Tampa is only 90 minutes away by car.

Buy some coins, take a walk on the Siesta Key beach at sunset, then off to Captain Curts for some Cajun Grouper. Maybe regrout some kitchen tiles to make the wife happy. Then buy more coins.

It's a plan...

Ive found rountrip airfair nonstop bloomington to orlando for $170. I saw heritage I believe has an auction there. Could anyone provide me some links to the other auctions which will take place?

Thanks for all the help

Jonathan

many hotels have shuttles that take you to/from the OCCC (Orange County Convention Center). There are also hotels close enough that you could walk if you were so inclined (I do).