• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay watch list growing...by itself!!

15 posts in this topic

Now this is something I've never seen before. Last night I was logged on ebay paying for a couple of small non-coin items that I picked up. When I went back to my ebay page I noticed that there was a coin at the top of my watch list that I didn't put there. Now currently all of the items on my watch list have ended so this one went to the top.

I deleted the coin from my watch list and everything looked ok. That is until I refreshed the page and found a different coin had been added to my watch list. Again I deleted it and refreshed only to find another random coin on my watch list. I repeated this exercise 10-12 times and I always ended up with a random coin on my watch list.

Thinking that maybe someone had hacked my account and was toying with me I changed my password. That didn't help. I finally gave up and logged off. Today I logged back on and deleted the random coin only to have another appear again on my watch list.

Is this unique to my account or is ebay screwing with anyone else?

Update.

I did some ebay searching and added three items to my watch list myself. I went back to my page and deleted the last random coin and refreshed and no new coin appeared. Maybe ebay was just insisting that I watch at least one coin auction that wasn't ended and when I added one myself it was satisfied.

I wonder if the issue will come back after these expire.... hm

Well they are always suggesting other items you might want based on what you've been looking at. This is just the next step. Not just suggesting them, but going ahead an putting them on your watch list. Save you the trouble, because we're sure you'll want this one. :)

Over at Ebay message boards,I saw a post or two about the same thing. My problem with the Bay today is pictures "not available". It seems a random glitch. Some pictures in an auction,including my own,just won't display and give a not available message.

Watergate Theorem, "Follow the Money Who Benefits?" It's a marketing program. Aren't computers wonderful? Play the program to your advantage. Take what you want leave the rest. It's not personal---play the system to your advantage!

Watergate Theorem, "Follow the Money Who Benefits?" It's a marketing program. Aren't computers wonderful? Play the program to your advantage. Take what you want leave the rest. It's not personal---play the system to your advantage!

Yes indeed!

Moreover, it is perfect "direct marketing", such that, the items that have "magically" appeared in my watchlist have been "similar" coins of recent purchases.

Larry

even lower I believe. I recently was looking at food dehydraters on ebay--never did more than clicked an item and looked--no bids, no following links to offsite stores or webpages. Just a random pricing and info search....

Later, I open my email and find SPAM from....a company selling food dehydrator/rehydrators..... (shrug)

Well, last night the last active item on my watch list expired. This morning when I checked I once again have a random coin added to my watch list. Deleting it just gets me a different random coin. I guess I need to keep an active item on my list at all times.

Just for the record, there is no pattern as to what coins appear other than it is always something in Coins & Paper Money > Coins: US. It does not correlate with recent purchases or other watched items.