• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are you into seated dimes?

11 posts in this topic

I'm only into key date Seated Dimes.

EVP

laugh.gif

Lousy coins Michael. insane.gif Please send them to me since EVP won't have anything to do with them. wink.gif

stooges.gif Hoot

(It took me 10 minutes just to mop up the drool - thanks Michael!)

hi there guys thanks for all the great comments!

and lucy here is the little half sister to the seated dime!!

newmis you ask a really astute question the scan is the best you can get while photographing this 1885 coin as it is hard to photograph blast white deeply mirrored proof coins

this coin in person sight seen is much better

the scan barely does justice to the coin

imagine a really deeply mirrored monster frosted brand new 2003 roosevelt proof dime in a us mint proof set that is totally blast white

this is what this coin looks like in person but with the seated liberty design and 1885 date

the 1886 is a really deeply mirrored totally original almost deep cameo proof seated dime with thick milky skin of toning and basically prefect in terms of technical quality

thanks for the on thread photos spy88!!

michael

368551-1860halfdime.jpg.b550a253b4f6e69cf225993cadb252fd.jpg

I have been working on completing a SL Dime Type Set. The only coin that I lack in the stars obverse (no arrows) with drapery. I do not see many BU coins of this type advertized and have not found one that I like (versus the cost) yet. The search continues and I probably will have to pony up for a MS64 to get what I want.