• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving my first post to "Ask NCS" forum

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in the CS forums.

I have a couple of NGC-certified gold indian head half eagles (both MS61) that are showing some black lines in the incused Indian/eagle design and letters of the coin. I'm unsure if the coins would be good candidates for conservation by NCS. Because there is no guarantee that the coins would maintain their grades after conservation, I'm wodering if it's worth sending them to NCS.

I would appreciate you comments and suggestions.

Thanks so much.

enzet

All coins that are already graded will first be evaluated for conservation. Part of the evaluation is to insure that the currently stated grade will at least be maintained after the conservation as well as to determine if conservation would be a benefit to the coin. If there is a risk that the currently stated grade may not be maintained following the conservation service, then the coin will not be conserved, you will only be charged an evaluation fee, and you will receive the coin back in the original holder.

Chris, NCS