• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC Acronym

5 posts in this topic

I was trying to explain the green CAC sticker on one of my coins to a friend of mine and he asked me CAC stood for. I could have sworn that the word “consortium” was in there somewhere. As best I can tell from the website it’s “Certified Acceptance Corporation.” Is that correct? Was it always that?

You are correct.I mispelled the url for CAC by typing in Cacoin.com and this is what came up.It's supposed to be Caccoin

"This is not the correct address for Certified Acceptance Corporation (Coins),

but they should call Randall at (888) 201-5220 to get this address properly pointed."

One of the members of CAC prematurely announced the formation of the company and referred to it as a "consortium." So, that's what we called it until it was formally introduced as CAC. Initially, the company was called "Collectors Acceptance Corp.," and the name was later changed to "Certified Acceptance Corp."