• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

has anyone ever had any experience with

8 posts in this topic

I never heard of them, but I don't think they are very large. Their claim to have "almost sold a million dollars" worth of coins isn't very impressive.

I have never heard of them either. I did not bother to look at every coin they had listed, but I did look at the silver commems & buffalo nickels. I was surprised, and a little put off frankly, that not one of the listed coins was certified and they were using the term BU for many of them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They may be legit, but I would have expected at least some, if not most of the coins to be in NGC or PCGS holders if they were a large dealer. confused-smiley-013.gif

John

It looks like they have coins that I just can't seem to find ANYWHERE. Suddenly, they're all in one spot at grade levels that are exceptionally hard to find. I find this very odd. Especially since they want a check, so I imagine, you send a check, only to find out weeks later that what you wanted is not in stock. I guess you can call them first.

Also, they claim they will get the coin certified for you, but you have to pay the certification fee. That doesn't seem unreasonable (if it doesn't certify where you want it, you get your money back) --they won't let you send it out, they have to do it.

I don't know'.....

I do not have any experience with these people. However, their prices on silver Trimes, Peace Dollars and St. Gaudens are below market. I have trouble believing that you get the grades that they represent their coins to be. Let alone that they have the inventory that they list.

This company certainly raises a few eyebrows with me. My observations:

1. In the AboutMe section, they never say who they are. I find that very odd, but perhaps it's just an oversight.

2. They claim that the listed grades are all "above average", except for the "average for the grade" coins are at 30% discount.

3. I checked out the pre-Morgan dollar categories and noticed that their pricing, for many bigger ticket items, apparently is VERY FAVORABLY priced. Like, a 1798 in AU for less than $3500.

4. They write a great deal about how no coins (and stamps, as if that's relevent) are perfect and that they come with certain problems. I wonder if their grading is based on a "details" grade and that the true "net" grade is a different story?

I would suggest that you ask around about them first. Call them and ask them who they are. Get names. Then, get your own references. Ask dealers you trust. Ask collectors too. I'd also ask auction houses and see if they'd give an opinion. (Auction houses don't compete with retail dealerships, so they'd be in a good position to give an unbiased opinion.)

EVP