• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Images for Your Registry Set

7 posts in this topic

A quick test seems to indicate that if you want images attached to the coins in your Registry Set, you have to host them yourself.

You can't download to the NGC site.

Is this correct?

I don't have that space available.

Images on your registry coins are uploaded directly to the NGC site. Registry pictures cannot be hosted elsewhere (like at photobucket or something and linked). Registry pictures do not need to remain on your harddrive for them to work properly in the registry, but they do need to be uploaded directly from your computer.

How can I best insert nice, clean images to my posts. I seem to be limited to 200K file size, yet I get rejects with images between 120-200K. I end up making them smaller than I want with lower resolution.

What's the optimum file size, image size and/or resolution rate to maximize quality? I'm posting a pic that is 4x4 at 180 dpi, med res jpeg save on Photoshop 7.0 with this post.

87221.jpg.04e89468a831df8ba461bd536d327ff5.jpg

Guest Joiseygirl

Mogulman,

The file size limit is 120KB. We recommend you upload .jpg or .gif files as they can be compressed without compromising too much of the image quality.

Thank you,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

On the boards, you can link from photobucket (just copy/paste the link that photobucket provides for message boards). There is no size limit, but we generally recommend limiting the size to a reasonable amount so we can see the whole picture. The dime you just posted is not only beautiful, but the picture is about the perfect size.

hello everyone,

i was wondering if i could get some know how on posting pics to my sets. ive spent days now and just cant seem to get it . ive tried a camera ,and i get 6,000+kb. i do not know how to edit and all that.ive got 2 scans on my penny proof set , however , they are fuzzy and just downright ugly ,the woman at ngc was kind enough to rotate them for me, they also have alot of grayish around them from the scanner,all i want is a nice obverse - reverse pic of each of my coins that are full slab ,crisp , and show all the details ,without the wasted space.ive seen some downright beautiful pics on here .so i know there has to be a way but its beyond me.you folks are all i have left for input,any help will be greatly appreciated.

i did manage to find jpeg on my computer.

thank you for your time

marty