• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1796 Spanish Milled Dollar

5 posts in this topic

Some information on my coin. It HAS been in the family over 40 years. My grandfather was an avid coin collector, but he died before I was born. I was given quite a few coins when my grandmother passed last year. Mostly coins from around the world. I was also given quite a few in books ( collectors books mind you) Mercury Dimes, Flying Eagles and Indian Pennies, Buffalo Nickles.

I will try to remove my 1943-S penny. I have heard a lot about these, but am not to sure if it is one of the ones everyone talks about.

Wow, what an awesome opening post! Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

Looks like a really nice extremely-fine coin you have there. I believe that everyone who collects U.S. coins ought to own an 8-reales or something related.

I was gonna say AU-50, but if the coloration on the obverse isn't toning and the mark on the neck is as bad as I think it might be, then EF-40.

I don't know anything special about the 43-S cent, unless you have an authentic copper one...in which case let me quickly withdraw my entire life's savings to buy it. It should be zinc coated steel, and have a blast white look to it, and almost a "dry" appearance. You shouldn't need to remove it from a holder to get an idea of value on that. Just take a picture as is and post it in the forums here.

Welcome to the boards.