• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ouch !!

11 posts in this topic

Hard to sell a darkly toned Bustie as AU58, when it appears only AU50. I could be mistaken, but I think this is at least the second time around with Teletrade. Might be worth $2,000 in today's market.

The fact is that 1817/3 is not nearly as "rare" as has been touted in the past. Rather, it is popular. And a number of them have come to market in the last two years or so, depressing demand.

The fact is that 1817/3 is not nearly as "rare" as has been touted in the past. Rather, it is popular. And a number of them have come to market in the last two years or so, depressing demand.
So increased supply depresses "demand"? (shrug) Would you settle for depresses "prices", instead? ;)

David Lawrence was also trying to sell this coin for a while and never did get it to sell. Seems like a bad apple if you ask me.

It did not sell , I saw a bid at $ 3400 for the coin . The person purchased the coin for

$ 2990 could have made a small profit on it after sellers fee’s at $ 3400. I am sure it will be re listed.

that $3400 was probably his "reserve" Teletrade allows the seller to put in the first "bid" to act as a reserve...if nobody bids higher then the seller is charged a percentagew as a buyback fee...the coin is losing more money and didn't even change hands this time..

So increased supply depresses "demand"? (shrug) Would you settle for depresses "prices", instead? ;)

At any rate, one follows the other.

So increased supply depresses "demand"? \(shrug\) Would you settle for depresses "prices", instead? ;\)

How about satisfies demand? Although it might be said to depress it as well. If there are ten people who want one and eight come on the market now the demand is down to just two. With lower demand comes lower competition and prices fall until the dropping price encourages more people to desire it and increase the demand again.