• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Convention Location

20 posts in this topic

If you could select the location for the next available Summer ANA Convention (2013), where should the show be held? and Why?

Also, for informational purpose, here's the ANA Convention Schedule for the next several yaers:

2010 Mid Winter: Dallas Fort Worth

2010 Summer: Boston

2011 Mid Winter: Sacramento

2011 Summer: Chicago (Rosemont)

2012 Mid Winter: Site selection Open

2012 Summer: Philadelphia

2013 Mid Winter: Site selection Open

2013 Summer: Site selection Open

Baltimore is bidding for the 2014 or 2016 shows.

In 2014, it will be the bicentennial of the poem, "Defence of Fort McHenry." Later, the poem was put to the tune of the British drinking song, The Anacreontic Song that was written for The Anacreonic Society, a London social club, and was called The Star Spangled Banner.

2016 will be the 100th anniversary of the first ANA convention held in Baltimore.

Maybe the ANA will bring the National Money Show to Baltimore in 2014 and the World's Fair of Money in 2016. That would be great!!

Scott :hi:

I thought the LA facility was great but was too remote for after hours affairs. And no signs. It was difficult to determine where to enter. The NYC facility from 2002 and 1997(?) was terrible and I would never go there again if the ANA held the convention at that same place, but I'd love to see the WFM in Manhattan again. Please consider all aspects of the venue when awarding future shows.

As for which city, any that can be easily reached by direct flights from the most locations should be the prime criterion, as well as closeness to collector base. If the ANA were ever to place the show permanently in one spot, I'd choose Baltimore.

As for which city, any that can be easily reached by direct flights from the most locations should be the prime criterion, as well as closeness to collector base. If the ANA were ever to place the show permanently in one spot, I'd choose Baltimore.
I'd choose Baltimore because of its proximity from home! :headbang:

However, the ANA should not have both of their shows on the same coast in the same year. With both Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles hosting the ANA shows in the same year probably lowered the potential attendance.

WooHoo :acclaim:

Please excuse my naiveté but what happens at the ANA convention? It’s a coin show? There are classes? Something else? Thanks.

It's a very large National coin show, which includes on-site grading, auctions, exhibits, ANA Seminars, and much, much more!

Anyone hafve a date / location for this event? Any other Texans interested in meeting up at this? If it's in October though I wouldn't be able to go due to work schedule! :(

Anyone hafve a date / location for this event? Any other Texans interested in meeting up at this? If it's in October though I wouldn't be able to go due to work schedule! :(

March 24-March 28, 2010 The ANA mid-winter show is never held in the fall (October).

baltimore

/verymost conveinent to most all collectors and dealers attending

great convention city and guaranteed to have a record turnout with profit to the ana

March 24-March 28, 2010 The ANA mid-winter show is never held in the fall (October).
True, I guess I wouldn't consider October mid-winter, it's the dead of winter! Gotta be somewhere in the fifties by that point, I'll probably be huddled in a corner of my house somewhere with the heat on full blast and a space heater for extra warmth!! ;)

Man, March? March is pushing it for me as well. My work schedule in the spring and fall are ridiculous! And, I'd call that more spring than mid-winter. Location? Hotel? Convention Center? Any other Texans up for it? Bruce!

WooHoo :acclaim:

Please excuse my naiveté but what happens at the ANA convention? It’s a coin show? There are classes? Something else? Thanks.

It's a very large National coin show, which includes on-site grading, auctions, exhibits, ANA Seminars, and much, much more!

Awesome! Thanks

Anywhere that is easy to fly into from anywhere, good transportation to and from the airport, hotels within 1 or 2 blocks of the convention center and lots of places to eat close by for after hour meetings, etc.

Chicago/Rosemount is nice but is quite a way's from downtown.

Milwaukee is another good town

Wouldn't mind Charlotte again.

I think that one show should be on the East Coast and one on the West Coast each year.