• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN show - New Seated Half Dime

10 posts in this topic

Here is a really beautiful half dimes I bought at this years FUN show. the first is an 1856 NGC MS66. A very cool tiny little coin with enourmous eye appeal. The luster shines very brightly through the toning and adds considerable depth to the overall look. The left side on the obverse is weakly struck with relatively flat stars and denticles. I bought this from Mark Feld at Pinnacle, who put up with a lot of questions from me during the four days I was there. Thanks Mark! laugh.gif

SSCN1277.JPG

SSCN1279.JPG

Boy I love that one! This is the coin that got me started collecting as a young child...

I have a special place in my heart for these small treasures....

yours is outstanding, congrats on a nice purchase from St. Fledinin!

Andy, were you really asking questions for only 4 days? It sure seemed a lot longer. grin.gif

All kidding aside, thanks for the business and it was a pleasure, as always, to be able to visit with you.

In fact, I just compared images side by side - these coins are twins separated at birth! If I hadn't looked at the dates, I would swear they were the same coins.

Just for the record, I bought my coin as MS-60 for around $400.

James

Dennis, that does look like my coin's sister! I just wish my photographic skills were as good as yours!

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I had a great time at FUN, and felt fortunate to be able to find some of the stuff I liked.

Mark, actually it was only 3 1/2 days. You were gone by early afternoon on Saturday 893whatthe.gifwink.gif