• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

3 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a long-sought after Meiji 6 (1873) bronze 2 sen, to complete my 2 sen collection. It's not the most valuable Japanese coin I own, but it is propably the rarest.

Since it came from Singapore, it was immediately sent to NGC, primarily to check its genuineness.

I don't see any damage on the coin severe enough to justify a body bag, but that's what I got. The arrows point to the area of a rim ding visible on the edge as a dent, and on the obverse as a slight bump, but totally invisible on the reverse.

The value is <$100 as an F.

Should it go back to NGC after the Details Grade program goes into effect next month?

84420.jpg.c4aba7b97af85c13afe368fdfcb566e1.jpg

84421.jpg.d34438c99f2d73511eb6c0cbc3d2dd0b.jpg

84422.jpg.a8c07a9ddfb07c0e08e6031259ed7bee.jpg

I have an 1879 Bolivia Boliviano in NCS "AU details' holder that has "Obverse Damage'. I did not see any though its probably similar to other coins which came back BB for scratches or excessive hairlines.

To me, the decision would depend upon how much more you could sell the coin holdered versus raw should you choose to do so. Some or most people do not care but I have all my decent coins holdered because it increases their resale price.

Shortly, I will be sending a group of NCS coins to have them put into the new holders. I expect that this will also improve their marketability.