• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7070 Themes are you working on or want to start?

7 posts in this topic

I have been thinking of the following:

1) Last year of issue

2) All Proofs

3) Fill as many holes with the same date as possible

4) Poor to G coins

5) F to VF coins

6) XF to AU coins

"All proofs" would be insanely difficult - actually impossible, since some of the types have no extant proof examples known.

I have one set of strictly original toned AU/BU coins, a second set of F/VF/XF, and a third set of - sit down - CLEANED coins (but I just started on it).

For the gold section I am using the year 1897 as that is my grandmas' birth year. I try to fill as many holes with birth years of family members as I can but there are still many gaps that need a theme ;)

For the gold section I am using the year 1897 as that is my grandmas' birth year. I try to fill as many holes with birth years of family members as I can but there are still many gaps that need a theme ;)

You either need a theme, or more family members. ;)

My theme... get the sucker filled with whatever you can find! Not really, but there are some coins that are a bit more expensive in the upper grades then I want to put in my album since I'm working on a slabbed set as well.

I started with filling the holes with whatever I can get my hands on, then upgrading from there. I still have a few empty holes but I have been able to upgrade some of the ones I have already filled on occation. My goal is to have the book filled with AU/BU coins when I am done with it.