• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to make a "Run for the Border?"

5 posts in this topic

This was BB by NGC for 'improper cleaning' - any idea what might have happened there? I have had the coin for many years and never cleaned it (but not since 1917, so who knows...) and I am wondering if it might be a good candidate for the Taco Bell experiment.

Does it look cleaned to you? Perhaps pics not the best... I could take new ones if there's something that would help...

Thanks,

DD

100_0370.jpg

100_0372.jpg

Looks 'whizzed' like an old buffer wheel was spun over it , but then the pics aren't that disclosing ...in the fields are straight runs on micro lines that shouldn't be there...is that what you see in hand or is that glimmer from the holder surface or something ?....notice also the 'flattened' areas around the stars and other features that were not in contact with the polisher due to the height of the 'feature' keeping the whiz wheel away from those surfaces?...or am I seeing things that are not there .