• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1911-D $2.50 Indian -The Key-

7 posts in this topic

I just might crack this out....it is currently in a PCGS MS-6?slab. Can you guess the grade? It is a "strong D" version.

84149.jpg.c7f9dac8e606987bd8a278175efa4dd4.jpg

84150.jpg.28d8be934cdd38fa63c1cc15c7d27b81.jpg

84153.jpg.3f6090b8f496bddd1b4510c5ac598875.jpg

Leave it alone . You picture is to small and distorted to guess a grade.

With that said I will guess if you want to crack it out it is less then MS 63 .

That coin looks MS65 to me with clean fields and a super strike. I bet PCGS called it MS62-MS63.

If I was rich I would crack it out and take my chances.

It is your probably your picture, what looks like haze on that coin concerns me a bit . It is probably nothing but I once had a coin with haze like that, it was puttied.

If the haze which appears on both sides, is on the coin, it has been altered and should body-bag if cracked out and submitted. And if resubmitted in the holder, the grade should not go up!

If, on the other hand, the haze is on the holder, how do you expect anyone to have a meaningful clue regarding the quality of the coin, based on those images? ;)

Edited to add: If the former, I'd suggest submitting it to PCGS under their grade-guarantee.