• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC submission questions

2 posts in this topic

I'm new to the forums and didn't really know where to post this. If this is the wrong forum then I apologize.

I have a few questions for which I was unable to locate answers:

1.) Does the $39 a year membership allow one to submit coins for grading directly to NGC? If so, does the 5 coin minimum apply to coins that have never been graded or does that include crossovers from other slabs or re-slabs of older and or damaged NGC slabs as well?

2.) I know NGC grades different types of tokens. What about arcade tokens? I haven't seen anything about arcade tokens, so I figured that was probably something NGC did not deal with due to the many varieties that exist, among other things.

• Administrator

Welcome to the boards and thank you for your questions. Answers are below in blue:

1.) Does the $39 a year membership allow one to submit coins for grading directly to NGC?

Yes, the $39 (associate level) membership allows for direct submissions to NGC.

If so, does the 5 coin minimum apply to coins that have never been graded or does that include crossovers from other slabs or re-slabs of older and or damaged NGC slabs as well?

The 5 coin minimum on services like Economy applies to coins that are being submitted on the same form, for the same service. You must submit coins for Crossover on a separate form from your raw (not already graded) coins. This means that you would need to have 5 coins for Crossover to use the Crossover Economy tier.

Older or damaged NGC holders may be sent in for Reholder service at $5 per coin (plus the cost of shipping)

2.) I know NGC grades different types of tokens. What about arcade tokens? I haven't seen anything about arcade tokens, so I figured that was probably something NGC did not deal with due to the many varieties that exist, among other things.

NGC does grade some arcade tokens that have be included in other categories and referenced as such. For example, there are some arcade tokens included in the Early America, Hard Times and Merchant token references by Rulau. Please click here to access the list of Tokens and Medals accepted by NGC for authentication, attribution and grading.