• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currency question

3 posts in this topic

Mike,

US currency has had a good run up for about 7 years now, way before the coin market took off. I still feel that US currency is still run by collectors, many of whom are still very altruistic in their hobby. Large size notes made a large run up until 1999, then started to plateau. Small size rarities and large size Nationals are still very hard to find in nice grade. My money is on two specific notes in high grade CH CU, experimental notes and low production type. For example, the 1928C $20 in AU is a very tough note, because of last year production. I own an AU and have been told by dealers NOT to sell it, because I will probably never see one again. If I did put it on the market, it would be priced in the $2000 range. Still, very affordable for a classic rarity. I definitely enjoy collecting US currency, much history and color. BTW, foreign notes have a different grading scale, so be careful with them.

TRUTH