• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks NGC. Registry & Message Board Luncheon was great!

9 posts in this topic

This past Friday, NGC put on a great luncheon at the FUN show. Actually next door at the very nice Rosen Plaza hotel. In addition to the great food and company, we got to see some of the first coins brought up from the shipwreck of the Republic. We also were given a very limited edition 5 coin Sample slab to commemorate the occasion. I'd like to give Dena and the other NGC folks involved a special thank you. It was a pleasure to meet you and the others and to meet forum members I had only known by an online name.

Mark

The luncheon was fantastic. I was told that the find’s from the SS Republic was like taking a snapshot of a bank today where one gathers all the coins a bank has on a specific day. The varieties of coins and dates will make this discovery truly one of the greatest finds of the century. I believe there will be some one of a kind coins discovered and many book will have to be re-written with the addition of these coins.

Mark, enjoyed our time together.

Todd

We also were given a very limited edition 5 coin Sample slab to commemorate the occasion.

PICTURES! I NEED PICTURES! 893whatthe.gif

And if anyone cares to part with theirs I am interested in acquiring ONE example for the reference set.

Thanks Art I appreciate the pictures.

Ok I have pictures, now who wants to part with one? Anybody? I can also use the Euro Sample as well.

Yes, the luncheon was great, expect nothing less from Dena! smile.gif It was nice to meet Keets, the Michigan millright, Robert, Cameron and so many others! The sample slabs were neat too!