• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other coins out there should/will be disavowed in the future?

9 posts in this topic

This goes for either service. I've seen some big ticket early type and gold that definitely have been played with. Any big one that sticks out in your mind?

TRUTH

for awhile I became kind of indifferent to that saying we see all too often 'buy the coin, not the holder'. Indifferent, not because I don't believe it or don't care, but because, like with many other things that are common sense, we tend to ignore them, or not give them the attention they deserve.

There are LOTS of coins out there which hold an illusory label.

There's that coin, that if dipped, it will not grade where it is now (it's funny how a layer of rust covering scratches and nicks, can dress up a coin so it can be labeled 2 points higher and get $25,000.00 more {{{you can't even see the damn coin for crying out lout}}}} ). Wherein is the real value? What ARE you doing with your money?

Then there's that coin that you saw labeled as a PF64 RB and then see it sell later on for 5K more because it was re-holdered at a PF66 B. It's still a RB, and honestly...what's the big difference between PF64 and 66 in 100 year old copper???????? Is it really worth it????

I'm so glad they revoked that rediculous grade and I hope the jade coin guys get their money back as they deserve. And I honestly wish we could all go back to grading coins raw, and buying them that way...just like the good old days, when we had to rely on our judgement.