• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Must Have For The Serious Collector

10 posts in this topic

I have just gotta get me one of these...by the way, I'm not familiar with "white copper"..is there really such a thing? http://cgi.ebay.com/Replica-U-S-liberty-Dollar-1865-Buy-Now_W0QQitemZ110419353487QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item19b5819f8f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Counterfeiting::: I think they're doing it wrong...

According to the description, it is supposed to be stamped "copy" but I don't see that on the "coin."

Edited to add: I just reported it to eBay.

i have talked to many that have bought thesefake coins supposedly marked copy but then they come in the mail unmarked

the usa should do exactly what canada just did with regards to these coins

In Canada copies of Canadian coins even if they are marked copy or replica are considered under the law to be counterfeits. So the Canadian government went after eBay for facilitating the sale of counterfeit Canadaian coins. Ebay pulled all auctions of replica Canadian coins. And I believe all the auctions of ALL replica coins on eBay.ca

Welcome to the Senior.

No in the US if the coins are stamped Copy they are legal, as long as the size of the stamp satifies the legal requirements. (And it has to be COPY, the ones you see on eBay stamped REPLICA are NOT legal. Well they are legal for the Chinese seller to export but they are illegal for the buyer to import into the US.)