• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 More IHC's to grade

14 posts in this topic

Always a pleasure looking at your interesting coins and excellent photos.

The top cent looks like genuine album toning to me, the bottom coin looks to have been lightly polished at one time.

I'd grade the first one MS-63 or 64, brown depending upon the luster.

I think that the second one has a layer of CARE or Blue Ribbon on it, which makes it glossy. I'd grade it MS-64, brown.

The first one looks like a 64BN to me, and I think the second one would body-bag due to the color and/or unnatural shine.

Edited to add: The images look excellent. (thumbs u

I think both coins are strong candidates for the body bag. Sorry!
Why?
I'm sure James has his own reasons, but I stand behind the questionale toning. Did you see the images of the other IHC? That one looked very natural and these have the questionable purplish / blue tone. Not saying that they are AT, but the TPG's nowadays don't take a chance on these as I'm sure everyone here well knows.

Why?
I'm sure James has his own reasons, but I stand behind the questionale toning. Did you see the images of the other IHC? That one looked very natural and these have the questionable purplish / blue tone. Not saying that they are AT, but the TPG's nowadays don't take a chance on these as I'm sure everyone here well knows.
I did see the other images. I'm not seeing any blue or purple on my monitor on the first coin.

I did see the other images. I'm not seeing any blue or purple on my monitor on the first coin.
Could be just me, but I see some darker purple / maroon on the first. Not only that, but there appears to be a small scratch above the headdress at noon on the first coin as well. I like the pattern of the tone, but I think it's too iffy to give a shot to.

I think that the second one has a layer of CARE or Blue Ribbon on it, which makes it glossy. I'd grade it MS-64, brown. also ms-70

ithink it might grade but i am 50-/50 would not surpruise me to bodybag but then again there is practically no liability for ngc toput this coin in a 64bn holder asitispretty and bid in only 55 on this c oin

the first coin looks like and again it might be the photo it looks funky so i think it will bag

Why?

The image for the first coin seems to have disappeared (at least for me), but I seem to recall a streaky brown/tan pattern on it that reminds me too much of Deller's Darkener, applied by a Q-tip. The second coin looks greasy and reminiscent of MS-70 and/or Vaseline, or some other process. Maybe acetone would clear up that greasy residue on the second coin?