• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay red flag gold coin auction ***Update***

9 posts in this topic

I would've posted this in the orginal post, but it wouldn't let me edit my post.

A few days back, I bid on that Ebay auction with the new seller, no feedback and Grandpa's estate. The coin came yesterday. Although the coin isn't a gem, it is authentic, has not been cleaned, and is properly graded by Anacs at MS60/60.

Here is the auction;

Gold Coin

Here is the coin. Even at $320, I think I did alright. Another slot filled in the certificate type set. :)

1894O.jpg1894R.jpg

Glad to see it worked out. and don't worry about poster "fc" on the other forum. The coin looks like an obvious/deserving uncirculated (MS60 or 61) coin without any rub on it.

The coin is okay for what it is, but the main reason paying $320 for is okay is because of the price of gold. If it drops, so will the value of this piece. It's alright but I would not call it a keeper. The $5 Liberty is one of the most common of all the "old" U.S. gold coins.

And BTW, I've very glad taking this chance worked out for you. (thumbs u

While this $5 gold piece may be quite common, probably not in the original ANACS certificate holder. Congrats JJ. As you say, "Another one down"

Jim

The coin is okay for what it is, but the main reason paying $320 for is okay is because of the price of gold. If it drops, so will the value of this piece. It's alright but I would not call it a keeper. The $5 Liberty is one of the most common of all the "old" U.S. gold coins.

And BTW, I've very glad taking this chance worked out for you. (thumbs u

Hi Bill,

My goal in collecting right now is to put together a U.S. Type set using nothing but the old Anacs photo certificate graded coins. So yes, the coin has issues, but for now it will do. If a better piece comes along, I will upgrade.

JJ