• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia Question (20c)

9 posts in this topic

Who's the goober with a nice PF collection who had to be coaxed to buy his BMP?

Hint: this same collector is also afraid to dabble with the MS pieces. Apparently, they are beneath him!

wink.gif

Prize: the goober's BMP.

EVP

Ah, but I know the right button to push, also! No 70-S for you! At each and every auction for the next 50 years, I will be willing to bid at least $1 more than you for that coin - for all 10 specimens!

And no, I won't even let you hold one! wink.gif

I'm sure TDN has an awesome 20c set. He has posted pics of his 75-S BMP, which I believe is one of the finest known. Another very cool 20c set was the Salisbury collection sold by Bowers in 9/94. 76-CC included of course, but the interesting part was 24 different 20c patterns. Even the Lenox Lohr set (sold through a Bowers FPL a very long time ago, one of the best pattern sets of all time) had only 24 as well.

I have one twenty cent pattern - the type that is similar to the regular design but the date is a bit smaller. I like to have a copper die trial pattern to go with my regular coins. For the trade dollars, I have a PF65 Red 1875.