• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Coins - Same Grade, Big Difference!

9 posts in this topic

I just bought the top Franklin to "upgrade" my 1949 in my Registry set. Why do I say "upgrade" in quotation marks? Because the old and the new are the exact same grade, but there is a big difference between the two! The old one is great: accurately graded, plenty of luster, decent strike, interesting toning. But the new one - c'est magnifique! Booming luster, razor sharp strike, attractive, eye appealing colors. This is the difference between a "B" coin and an "A" coin. Both are accurately graded, but one is definitely "Premium Quality."

Top one is the new one, bottom is the old one. Both are NGC MS-65 FBL.

83034.jpg.9b5f6bd75be517169f42e08e4ef72ec7.jpg

83035.jpg.840b0d4c17d0b4a8c13897f51409dead.jpg

83036.jpg.1039ff175c28be79f4f638a66badde0b.jpg

83037.jpg.1aaa5357534e03299efa3050db8fef08.jpg

I like 'em both, but I do prefer the new one. :applause: FROM THE IMAGE it appears to have more hits/chatter, but it DEFINITELY has a better strike and nicer luster. (thumbs u Toning for both is appealing in their own way, with a bit of a nod to the new coin. Congrats on the pickup!

The luster on the top coin definitely works for me.

But coins are like puppies, there is always something to like.

Even better, coins don't pee on your new carpeting...:lol:

The luster on the top coin definitely works for me.

But coins are like puppies, there is always something to like.

thumbnailCAXU4L5Z.jpg

Even better, coins don't pee on your new carpeting...:lol:

I agree. (thumbs u