• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Illustrator

15 posts in this topic

I'm searching for an illustrator to prepare drawings for a numismatic article. If you are, or know of, an illustrator please PM me.

The completed article will be submitted to major hobby publishers, and each illustration will include the artist's credit line. A small stipend is also available.

The article concerns the coinage experiments of James T. Barclay. Most of the article contents is completely unknown to collectors.

I bet if you ventured into the comic area you would find an artist there. I know many of them like to draw and would love the chance to get published.

Can you give a better idea of what you want illustrated? For example, I'm reasonably good with diagrams, flow charts, scientific illustrations, but I'm not up to the level of textbooks. If you'd rather not post on here, could you PM me with more specifics?

The illustrations need to be shaded coin drawings showing some of Barclay's concepts. Since I know some of the denominations on which he experimented, the drawings have to be accurate enough for a collector to recognize the date/type, etc., and discourage complaints about lettering style or placement.

Most require some sort of perspective - not just straight-on views.

Think of the B&W illustrations in 19th century coin publications, as examples.

Maybe contact Chris Daugherty at coppercoins.com I know he's a bit of an artist, he always has (pretty cool looking) pictures and artwork for sale on his site.

Actually, it's Charles Daughtery. He and his son were at the MNS coin show this weekend, and I had an opportunity to discuss imaging techniques with him yesterday.

Good suggestion, but Chuck's time is pretty well booked, so that's not an option.

Maybe contact Chris Daugherty at coppercoins.com I know he's a bit of an artist, he always has (pretty cool looking) pictures and artwork for sale on his site.

Actually, it's Charles Daughtery. He and his son were at the MNS coin show this weekend, and I had an opportunity to discuss imaging techniques with him yesterday.

I was close ;)