• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Was/Is The Yankee Collection?

7 posts in this topic

These days, I don't think it takes much to have a name included on a grading label. If you haven't heard of an couldn't find out anything about that name, there's a decent chance that you have already found your answer.

There seem to be a lot of far from extraordinary pedigrees attached to graded coins today. Its one thing to say a coin is from the Eliasberg, Garrett, John J. Ford or Pittman collections. Or even from a specialized collection like the Bakewell collection of South Africa Union because that is one of the best in existence for its area and is actually very difficult to duplicate. Most others I would consider irrelevant.

I have wondered the same and haven't found any info except a Vermont Yankee hoard bought by Littleton. Most I've seen are very colorful and high end. I have one in a NGC* 66. Perhaps asking NGC might answer the question.

82991.jpg.2ddc4d5a7fab2335bbd35f9c17cba20a.jpg

82992.jpg.dd30e272e0a14de8ad7990bc017e3a7a.jpg

You have a very nice coin there and yes, NGC should presumably be able to answer your question since they are the ones who assign the pedigree.

One other obvious comment I would add is that I would not pay an extra dime to buy a coin with these obscure pedigrees. I doubt I would for a famous one either but definitely not for one that is not.