• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I used Superior's online bidding system......

4 posts in this topic

and was quite impressed. I was able to play with the live bidding. Although I didn't win any lots, the process allowed be to participate. I am quite pleased with the speed, even though I used a phone line with no DSL. Any one have similar or other experiences.?

BTW, this beats the heck out of ebaylive.

TRUTH

I have DSL and have competed and sometimes won in live Superior and Heritage auctions. It's quite an experience. I also enjoy watching the pieces go by with some fetching six figures!! Neat to watch when they have those big boys up, but I'm careful to keep the pointer far away from the bidding icon and my hand well away from the mouse. 893whatthe.gif

I've used Superiors internet bidding in the past and it worked perfectly. I've used ebaylive for a Bowers and Merena auction and it worked perfectly. I was about to bid on a coin for Heritage, awhile ago, and suddenly the system came to a halt (it was NOT my computer). Tonight, I can't even access ebaylive half the time.

I've tried ... for three different auctions..to bid on ANR live, it's pathetic, doesn't work, and the company itself, as much as I admired them, has been ...how do I say it...much less than helpful. In fact, I've had some pretty negative interactions with them in their past two auctions.

I have high-speed cable internet access and usually have no problem. Heritage seems to bog-up the most. I suppose their server can't handle the last-minute volume if you will. I haven't tried Superior or ANR yet but I will try. I'll let you know what I discover.