• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to show off your about uncirculated beauties!!

46 posts in this topic

Your AU coins can be graded or raw. Most of my half cent collection are AU and I just love that grade.

1810-b-1.jpg

1810-b-2.jpg

This is a 1810 1/2c graded by NGC as AU53.

WOW! That's impressive. (thumbs u 1810 is a tough date in the half cent series, but most collectors don't know that. The 1811, which is scarcer but not that much scarcer, gets all the press.

Almost Uncirculated is "my grade" when it comes to early type coins. Here's one of my favorites. Finding a Draped Bust half dime that is well struck is very dificult. There was just too much detail on a very tiny coin. The first mint just could not make these things well. This coin is an exception. It's been graded AU-55.

1803HalfDimeO.jpg1803HalfDimeR.jpg

While AU coinage can be gorgeous, as just about any other grade range can be, this range is one where I have traditionally not purchased many coins. However, I do have two AU55 examples-

I1838P55.jpg

I1838P55R.jpg

J1842P55.jpg

J1842P55R.jpg

A 1795 lettered edge half cent in PCGS AU-58. These half cents are really hard to find in this grade, much harder than large cents which are hard enough.

1795HalfCentO.jpg1795HalfCentR.jpg

A 1795 lettered edge half cent in PCGS AU-58. These half cents are really hard to find in this grade, much harder than large cents which are hard enough.

1795HalfCentO.jpg1795HalfCentR.jpg

damn...I'd love that coin in my collection!

whoa... damn...

that's an 1814 I really really LIKE

wait a second...you're confusing me, man.

It is not just an 1814. Look more closely... :grin:

whoa... damn...

I noticed that. And I started drooling. You've cost me yet another keyboard, MBA!!!!

whoa... damn...

I noticed that. And I started drooling. You've cost me yet another keyboard, MBA!!!!

I appreciate that. How about another?

100_1491.jpg

100_1492.jpg

Sweet coins all!

Here's an AU58 of mine that I love.

PC210970.JPGPC210971.JPG

That is an OUTSTANDING example of the trime. (thumbs u I would rather own that one than many of the Mint State graded coins I've seen. The Type I tend to grow ugly spots.

Sweet coins all!

Here's an AU58 of mine that I love.

PC210970.JPGPC210971.JPG

That is an OUTSTANDING example of the trime. (thumbs u I would rather own that one than many of the Mint State graded coins I've seen. The Type I tend to grow ugly spots.

Thank you Bill. This is one of the mainstays of my 1853 set. It's in an OGH Ex-Eliasberg. The truth be told I paid equal to a nice MS price for it.