• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 2nd and 3rd Submissions...D'Oh!

4 posts in this topic

I sent two submissions today, my 5 Free Early Birds and a Modern Submissions. As I'm preparing it, I put the coins I wanted the fasted on the Early Bird and the other coins went on the modern submission.... After I mailed it out, I looked at the form again and realized I had a pre-1955 coin on the form. Has anyone else made the same mistake? What happened? I emailed Customer Service to see what they can do.

I also decided to experiment with the crack out game. I found two Morgans graded the same, one in an old PCGS green labeled slab and one in a ACG slab. I actually agreed with the ACG grade but thought the PCGS was under graded. The PCGS is definately proof like and I think it could go MS65-66. It's not a very expensive coin and as such, I figured I would take my chances with my free submission. The other coin is a 1913 T1 Buffalo, this also came out of an ACG holder. I'm not familiar with the Buffalo series but have been researching and learning about them over the past week or so. I think it has a shot at upgrading and again, it's part of my 5 free submissions so I have nothing to lose....

...unless everything gets downgraded!!

I now have 2 submissions heading to NGC and one that should be getting graded/sent back pretty soon... I miss my coins!

-Dave

Good luck Dave! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm sure that NGC will make the right adjustment to your order for your error - no big deal.

Hoot

Wow, great Customer Service!

I heard back from NGC this morning and they will process the order through the modern dispite the error. They probably could have switched it to a more expensive service level so I am extremely greatful.

Who gave this thread 1 star? I think it deserves atleast 2!!

-Dave