• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957 New Zealand "no strap" 6d Conservation and grading?

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have recently acquired many New Zealand pre-decimal coins. I found a 1957 6d that is the "strapless" variety. It has a small black spot on the obverse which is troubling to the eye. I would like to submit it so the spot can be removed, or lessened.

Do I submit it for Conservation and variety(no strap) attribution, or just as a 1957? I would also like it graded for my NGC Registry set after the conservation process. Do I have to do anything extra for NGC? Is there a minimum number of coins per submission?

I am Society member, but have never needed the NCS services.

Thank you

It is possible we could at least lessen the appearance of a spot, though the coin would have to be seen in person to determine that for certain. Add notes on the submission form about specifically what you would be looking for as far as the conservation of the piece.

There is no charge for recognized varieties on world coins, though I would recommend indicating the correct variety on the submission form.

There are no quantity requirements for sending coins through NCS.

We now have a form online available for Collectors' Society members.

Chris, NCS

Hello Chris,

Thank you.

I just had a "body bag" on a 1945 NZ KM13a Penny. They claimed " environmental damage". They did not elucidate. It may still be at NGC. The coin left here as any 63 year old penny would look....even better. This coin could have been a "good" if it were graded in Braillle. I think I got ripped off.

My other 1957 "strapless" was "bagged" too for being hairy! I guess I need to get them uncirculated?

The next 1945, going to NGC, is in the NGC Journal section. I cannot get them to paste here to show you.

Thanks again,

John