• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gift Ideas. Wana Help?

12 posts in this topic

A friend/ collector is turning 18 on November 19th. He is currently doing basic training for the Army. He collects Morgans especially toned and vams. He alway has liked pattern pieces.

Anyway. I have $200-300 which I can spend. Please post some ideas of coins you recomend.

I picked this beauty up for him. Unless I find something really nice and sell it to afford a nicer coin.

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=29071&Lot_No=20410

Thanks for the help

I believe that NGC's multi-hbolders also allow you( a person) to decide what you can write on the label...maybe personalize it and a Happy Birthday on the label?

a good looking coin from heritage and also welcome to the boards

a nice gsa cc morgan in the original govt packaging and graded by ngc with the blue banding

possibly an 1899 choice unc. morgan a date that is always popular and has decreased in value these past few months and so is currently a good coin to buy

i have seen some andwith not much premiums

unless the coin is a monster toner but a nice toner will be maybe 10% or less than an average blast white coin

but it will take lots of looking at many gsa morgans to find one you are looking for

good luck!

a nice gsa cc morgan in the original govt packaging and graded by ngc with the blue banding

I was going to suggest the same exact thing.

These can often be found at the Heritage Tuesday and Sunday night auctions for very fair prices. They are usually not toned but they look great on your nightstand.

If you can't find one I have a decent 1882-CC in the GSA holder graded by NGC as MS62 that fits your price range.