• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EAC convention in Boston?

13 posts in this topic

I was just checking my coin show calendar here and it makes reference to an EAC convention in Boston in 2010. Of course, I would love to attend that convention but when I go to the EAC site ( here ) and then the meetings information page I don’t see any reference to that show. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks!

Next EAC is in Annapolis. I also note that the show you reference says EACC not EAC. When EAC goes by four letters it is EACS. So I would think this referrs to something else.

Next EAC is in Annapolis. I also note that the show you reference says EACC not EAC. When EAC goes by four letters it is EACS. So I would think this referrs to something else.

Ah. Okay thanks

Ah. Okay thanks

Remember, Winston. The only stupid question is an unasked question. Er, except in this case. :baiting:

lol lol lol

:foryou:

The location of EAC conventions is dependent upon the local EAC members who are willing and able to step up and put together the arrangement for the conference. It is for that reason that so many EAC conventions have been held at the Drawbridge Inn in Kentucky just outside of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Ah. Okay thanks

Remember, Winston. The only stupid question is an unasked question. Er, except in this case. :baiting:

lol lol lol

:foryou:

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid people who ask questions lol

What the heck is EACC then? (shrug)

it would be really cool to have the eac convention in philly where ALL of the early cents where minted

They tried to have it there in 1993 to mark the 200th anniversary of the mint but the local members couldn't get it pulled together. That was kind of surprising consiering that a very large percentage of the membership lives close by. Much more than in the Kentucky area, but the people there are dedicated and always put on a good show.

Maybe they could hold it in Philadelphia at the site of the original US Mint. They could set out tables on the sidewalk and passersby could fondle the coins. Gourmet food and beverage would be available from the street vendors. People could ask questions such as, “Wazzat?” and “Yo kidnz mez, no whay!”

With all due respect to Philadelphia, it has never been a great place for coin shows. I don’t why, but that’s the way it’s been. I grew up in southern Delaware where getting go to Philadelphia was a great treat when I was kid. I’m not much for rural country living. But for whatever reason Philly has never been a great coin show town.

Would be nice to do in Washington DC, and get an inside look at the NNC holdings of early coppers.